3/4 lb lean ground beef
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
2 tablespoons water
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 medium bell pepper (I didn't have one so I used a tomato as seen in the picture)
1 cup salsa
3 cups lettuce, shredded
1 medium tomato
1/4 cup onion, chopped (optional)
1/2 cup pitted ripe black olives (optional)
sour cream (optional)
1. Cook ground beef in large skillet over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
2. Remove pan from heat.
3. Stir in taco seasoning mix, cheese and water.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F.
5. Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles.
6. Arrange triangles in a circle on Classic Round Pizza Stone with wide ends overlapping in center and points toward outside. (There should be a 5 inch diameter opening in center.) I use my Pampered Chef pizza stone, but any flat round pan should work--perhaps even a pizza sheet, but I'd spray it with Pam before adding the crescent rolls.
7. Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring. (Filling will not be completely covered).
8. Bake at 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Shred lettuce and chop tomato, onion, olives, and bell pepper (if desired).
10. If you want to do something fancy, scoop out a bell pepper and fill with salsa (I used sour cream, but added the salsa on top of my slice) and put into center of ring.
11. Add your toppings to the middle of the ring and finish with more shredded cheese and sour cream.