Monday, February 2, 2009

Pruning through the Storm

Wow, the 2009 ice storm has left a big impression on those here in Northwest AR. and other states. Everyone says this is the worst ice storm they have ever seen. It is 10 days later and there are still thousands without electricity!! We were so blessed to only be out 2 1/2 days. We did not have any home damage either. The evidence of the storm will be seen for months as clean-up begins.




I look around and it looks like a war zone...or is it God pruning all the trees as a visual reminder for us that we too need to be pruned. A visual reminder for months!

We will be pruned!

Pastor talked about this very fitting verse Sunday.
John 15:2 says, "Every branch in Me that does not produce fruit He removes, and He prunes every branch that produces fruit so that it will produce more fruit."

Why does the Lord "prune" us? Because He loves us. To help us become all that He wants us to be.

When we are being pruned or disciplined we should ask ourselves three questions:

1) What is God doing?
2) What is God saying to me?
3) What is God trying to teach me?

How should we respond?

We should release Him to do what He wants you to do. We should become a champion of letting things go! Then, trust Him completely.

Lord you are my hope when there seems to be no hope. You are my rock and my salvation. Thank you Lord for your blessings upon my life and my family.

Have a great week! :D

No comments: