Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Family,Food, and Fun!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. On November 26, we headed over the river and through the woods to grandma's house we go... We arrived the day before Thanksgiving for extra time with my In-laws. They are both wonderful to us and dear to my heart. I began shortly after my arrival making 5 different kinds of cookies and 1 other dessert. I love baking!
That night we played a great game of Shanghi with the crew. We got to see Great Grandma Mason too. I was glad she was feeling better.

Thanksgiving day we headed over to Great Grandma Wiley's house for dinner. Her small home, shrinks every Thanksgiving, but we all make do. This is one of maybe two times a year we get to see most of the cousins and family. Everyone seem to enjoy themselves and all the yummy food. We all miss Dina and Shannon and the girls...hope to see them soon. I'm sure they are COLD in MN! (And cute lil James)
The day after Thanksgiving (Friday) we headed over to my Moms for another Thanksgiving. Her new house was so cute and decorated so nice for the holiday. We had lots of more good food and fun. Mom always makes the best stuffing! Of course, I had to bring my usual requested pumpkin roll. This year I also was requested to try and bring a fruit arrangement. I had always wanted to do one, so I did. I thought it turned out pretty good...a learning experience. Everyone else did too apparently...it was all gone before the day was over. Who knew that it would be chosen over all the sweets!
My first fruit arrangement!

The pilgrim hats my boys helped me make!

The Razorbacks played (and won at the last minute! Wooo Pig Sooie!) so the men watched that, while some of the adults played some games. We had a lot of fun and now good memories.

I'm so thankful that the boys got to see 2 out of 3 of their Great Grandmas, 2 Grandmas, and 2 Grandpas this Thanksgiving along with most all the cousins.

My brother 11 days after
his surgery and his family.




My Sister's family

Where is my family?....Cameron started crying from being overtired...my boy needs his sleep! Therefore, no family pic of the Masons at Thanksgiving? Maybe next year?!

Grandma holding one tired boy! My Cameron!

No comments: