Ahh it's that time of the year. Time to look back and reflect on 2008. What blessings can you thank God for? What do you need to do different in the coming year? How is your attitude? How is your relationship with Christ? Can we really keep new year's resolutions?? With Christ...all things are possible!
Our church has challenged us to begin to prepare for the new year. This reminds me of a story off of a movie. There are two farmers who are desperate for rain. Each pray and seek God for rain. However, one goes and prepares the field...expecting and believing God to send the rain. The other farmer does nothing. Which one is ready for God's blessing? Are you asking and expecting God to do wonders in 2009?
Our church challenge: The 1 Thing
1. 1 Thing Spiritually - To read the Bible all the way through!
2. 1 Thing Family - Start a kids cooking night, chores with a chore chart, and a quiet reading time every night.
3. 1 Thing Church- To be better prepared for church. (Lay out clothes, Bibles, etc. the night before)
4. 1 Thing Job- Study and take the Praxis to re-new my teacher license and apply for a job.
5. 1 Thing Community -To do a service project as a family this year.
6. 1 Thing Personally - To lose 50 pounds this year!
7. 1 Thing Supernaturally - Become debt free except mortgage this year!
I will be praying about these goals. I want this year to be different. I want to not give up within the first month. I will place these goals in my Bible and post one on my fridge. That way, I will be reminded daily. I need to prepare my field...for the rain! How about you? What do you want for 2009? "If you fail to plan...you plan to fail"...I love that quote!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Make an Easy Avocado Toast Bar
5 hours ago