Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas goodies....

Here is a little peak at some of the things I made for Christmas this year. Or some projects I finished.

Project 1:
$1.00 Soap. This year we made $1.00 soap again for Cameron's class. The kids and parents really raved about it last year. They thought it was so cool! It was a big hit again this year! Kids and parents alike were talking about it. At least 10 kids went up to Cameron and told him "Thank You" or told him what they thought about it. Several parents and Mrs. Baker commented to me about it. Teresa said, "Ahh, trying to make all us other parents look bad?" (hee hee) I overheard another Dad saying, "Wow someone is really creative!"


These were made for my Sunday School class. The soap we made for school looked a little different. The ribbon for school was a Christmas ribbon with a tag that said "Merry Christmas, From: Cameron".

Project 2: Christmas mice!
When I went to my neighbor Coleen's Christmas Party this year, someone had made these and I knew I had to make them with the boys. Too cute and yummy too!

The Grandkids fixing to eat a mouse!


These were Q-ter (Cam's spelling)...but they got jumbled around and eyes and nose were messed up a little.



Project 3: A recycled can turned into a surprise for my Sunday School class. Included in the can was $1.00 soap with "Jesus loves you" ribbon, Magic towel with the birth of Jesus on it, Hershey kisses, a candy cane, and a "Happy Birthday Jesus" balloon. These were a lot of fun to make!
















Project 4: Finished painting the china hutch. (Thanks honey!) I love it! It makes all of my dishes stand out and sparkle. It ties in with the rest of the black I have in my house. Love it! Yes, this is the project that made me very sick for a week...trying to spray paint it. Michael kindly painted the rest with ....
TA DA....regular paint! NO bad fumes!


Before it was just the same as the paneling you see. Eventually I want to sheetrock or paint all the walls.


I already have so many project ideas for Christmas gifts for next year! This year my goal is to do one a month! (One idea...multiple gifts) That way by December we will have so many homemade gifts from the heart to give to family, friends, and whoever the Lord wants us to! Of course they will be stored in my very handy Gift Closet!....NO PEEKING!

I love making and giving gifts! Happy Holidays!

No comments: