Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail


On Easter we went to my moms for lunch.  I made this bunny to take along which was a big hit.  It was easy to make and so cute, so I will be making it again.  All you need is two frozen loaves of bread dough, an assortment of veggies, lettuce, and dip.  I made a homemade Ranch dip with a Ranch packet and one small tub of sour cream. 

To make the bunny: cut the dough into pieces to make all the body parts, cover, let rise. Brush with egg, bake 30 minutes at 350.  Let the bread cool completely.  Now for the facial features:  add two raisins for the eyes and sliced almonds for teeth.  Transfer bunny to tray covered in lettuce. Next, cut out center of bunny belly, add a lettuce layer, and then your dip.  Add your assortment of veggies around.  That's it!

Enjoy!

Inspiration from here.

11 comments:

Macey said...

That looks good. I wanna eat that. Right now.

Unknown said...

This is such a cute idea. Did you use a mold pan to create the bunny?

Kalyn Cavalier said...

That looks tasty! Did you make it?
Thanks for following, too!

It's crazy random to happen upon another music teacher in the area. Are you in NWA?

Thanks again for the kind words. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh yum. I love all that stuff.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love that! So cute Rhonda!

How are you doing? Is the teaching thing going good? I hope it still is!

XOOX
Jen

shortmama said...

Wow!Awesome

Unknown said...

Very yummy, but almost too cute to eat!

Barb said...

How adorable!! Did you make him? If so, please post the directions - I adore bunnies, especially yummy ones!!

Hugs,
Barb

Unknown said...

So cool!!

~Becca

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow that looks fabulous. I saw a recipe for this but you did far better than the recipe photo. I don't know if I could eat this cute rabbit.
Thanks for linking up this week and have a fabulous day!

Alexia said...

Oh! Cute!