For March the ingredient is chicken breasts.
- 4 tbs. (1/2 stick) of butter
- 2 tbs. minced shallots
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 ounces of grated mozzarella cheese
Melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes. Add chicken and cook 10 minutes on each side, or until tender. Transfer chicken to platter and sprinkle with grated cheese. Top with mushroom mixture. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
My DH is not a mushroom lover, but loves this chicken. My picky kids eat it up! Sometimes we leave off the cheese and it is still delicious!! Oh, I can't forget to tell you this is super easy and quick!
1.) I like to pound my chicken breast to take out some aggression I have built up....it works! And, because I prefer a thinner piece of chicken.
2) Never put your fresh mushrooms under water. Get a damp towel and wipe the dirt off.
I hope you enjoy one of my families favorite chicken meals....let's get cookin!