Monday, November 10, 2008

MORNING TIME...Rise and Shine give God your glory glory!

ring, ring...."h..e..l..l..o.... Okay honey...I'm getting up"...(still laying in bed).
"Here comes another snicker doodle"..."yep, I sneak...so I am a sneaker doodle" Caden replies.
Y.a.w.n....s....t....r....e...t...c...h

Whistling, be-bopping, loud noises coming from Cameron's room. I knew I failed to get his weekly school clothes in his organizer, so I drag myself out of the bed, and I enter his room. As the noise increases... "Cameron, you must be a morning person. With your energetic mood and all the whistling and noise...pause....Well, guess what? Your mom is still trying to wake up...(a little louder) and I AM NOT a morning person"....pause........ "do you get it??""Stop whistling, stop with all the sounds...let me wake up."

Caden hears mom's a little grouchy, so trying to make things better, he runs as hard as he can and jumps on me..."your good morning hug"..."thank you Caden...next time can it be a little more gentle?" smile...:)

ring, ring,..."hello! Yes, honey I'm up...love you too!"
Checking on the muffins I hear ...whistling again...."Sorry mom it's so hard to stop."

I've had my breakfast, and now I am fully awake...no coffee for me...but awake.
Oh man, do I really want to take the happy morning attitude of my children away?? Do I want them to trade it for mom's attitude? Should Cameron have to apologize for whistling because he is joyful? Shame on me! I pray, some of their "morning person" will wear off on me, not the other way around! Lord, don't change this about them, change me!
I love you boys!! You bring JOY to my life!
XOXOXO

No comments: